Elijah was a prophet who lived in the northern kingdom of Israel. He was very much upset by the idol worship promoted by King Ahab. He worked tirelessly to bring back the worship of true God in Israel. Being an ordinary man, it was not an easy task. He had to risk his life. He had to fight against King Ahab and Queen Jezebel. But he did not give up, he was committed for the course of God.
He challenged the political and temporal authority in the name of God.
In (1 kings17:1) He declared that there want be rain unless at his command and it was so. God stood with His prophet who honored Him.
He humbly obeyed God and took refuge in His provision.
- God led him and provided him in an extraordinary way. The ravens were employed to serve him. They brought him bread and meat morning and evening.
- As the famine grew severe he was asked to go to Zerephath to a widow’s house, there again he was fed miraculously and given the challenge to exhibit the mighty healing power of God. He prayed for the dead child of the house owner. Again God answered and made the child alive honoring his servant’s faith.
He challenged the power of gods and their priests (1kings18:18).
The priests of Baal were summoned to demonstrate the power of their god against the power of God of Israel. At this dramatic event, he simply prayed to God, to send down fire upon a wet and water drenched sacrifice and God honored his request and answered by sending fire.
He faced the king and asked him to be prepared for the coming rain(1Kings18:41-46).
He prayed and it rained.
He was a devoted man, who trusted and obeyed God unhesitatingly. He had enough and more patience to wait for the answer to his prayers.
He never gave up. He was earnest and fervent in his prayers.
He delighted in working with and for God. He knew his prayers would be answered.
If we pray with the same intensity and fervency we could experience the mighty power of prayer. So let us be fervent in our prayers and be enthusiastic, devoted, bold and obedient in the service of God.
Elijah was just like us (James 5:17) but he had an extraordinary faith.
He stood with God and God stood with him. Even today God stands with those who would like to stand with Him.
- Prophet Elijah – Boldest of the Prophets. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- The Sinning Servant: You? Me? Yes! (thecounselingmoment.wordpress.com)
- Be Bold in the Lord and FEAR NOT! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- You Aren’t As Ordinary As You Think (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Commemoration of the Prophet Elijah (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- Running Scared? You’re Not Alone! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- Sermon from August 12th – “God is at the end of your rope” (faithchristianchurchlima.wordpress.com)
- Elijah’s Prayer at Mount Carmel. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- The Hospitality of Two Widows (womenfromthebook.com)
Expand Your Territory.
( 1 chronicles 4: 9-10) Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez,saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain. And God granted his request.
Every time Jabez heard his name, he heard it as sorrow, grief, pain. It reminded him, how unfortunate he was. There was nothing he could do. Today of course we can change our names. It seems Jabez didn’t think of that, neither he cursed his mothers or God. He had all the reasons to do so. Even if he had done, nobody would have found fault with him. Bible says he is honorable.
Instead of sinking in his depraved condition, he turned to God. In his distress, as David he cried unto God. What would we do if we had been in that situation?
He was bold to keep his pain before the throne of grace. He had the confidence that God would answer. He freely spoke his mind before God.
1. He prayed “bless me”.
He approached God in faith, without any fear or inhibition. He knew only God had the answer to his problem. We need to go to God fearlessly, and ask him to bless us. We need His blessings. Without His blessing we are helpless. He has promised to bless us. Say now to the Lord, I need your blessings so that I can serve your better.
2. He also prayed “enlarge my territory”.
God can and will enlarge you, if you ask him specifically. You need to tell the Lord your real need. It’s not a selfish demand. When your ministry is enlarged, you can touch more people with His love.
3. He asked for God’s hand to be with him.
He understood without God’s help and empowering, he could achieve nothing. He asked God’s protection and wanted to be free from pain. Let us boldly draw near to God and ask Him to protect and guide us with His mighty hand.
4. God granted his request.
God answers our prayers. Tell him to bless you, so that you will serve him better. Tell him to expand you, so that you can touch many lives with his love. Tell him to be with you, so that you are encouraged to release his ministry of love.
Be confident like Jabez and draw near to God, to enjoy, love and serve Him.
- Enlarging Your Territory? (missionmusings.wordpress.com)
(Psalm139:1-6) “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from far…..”
Do you know that God knows you and cares for you?
He is watching you, to help you and bless you.
He sees all your problems and difficulties.
He knows all the harassing thoughts that are running in and through your mind, the worries, the daily concerns.
He knows all your movements, your going in and coming out, your sitting and rising, even the unspoken words of pain and distress.
In your anguish, you may have tried to run away from him but He the omniscient God sees you and cares for you.
Sometimes we ask “Where is He when we go through bitter experiences of life?”But He is close by our side waiting to help us and lift us up. His hands are always there to cover us from danger and deliver us from our enemies. His hands give us shelter and comfort.
He is great and awesome. He loves us and thinks of us, for we are His treasured possession.
Let us meditate today, on His goodness and greatness, commit the day in to His hands and rest in Him.
Lord thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for your loving care. Thank you for your protective hand. I trust you with my whole heart. I bless you and honor you.
- Does God Care That I’m Hurting? (preciousprodigal.wordpress.com)
- God Answered My Thoughts (gggceo.wordpress.com)
- Where Do You Stand? (ising4god.com)
- Are you there God, it’s me (insert name here….) (iampastorswife.com)
- Dancing for God (ising4god.com)
- You’re Not Alone (myjournalofpraise.me)
- God of the Powerless by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Calling on God in Truth by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
Psalm 103:2 “Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all his benefits…”
On 24th March 2012 ,I was dying from a severe heart attack;all glory to God He protected me and healed me.As I was recovering
the Lord reminded me of being grateful to Him.So this prayer was given to me by the Holy spirit.
- Dear Lord thank you for healing me.
- Thank you for saving my life.
- Thank you for giving me a new lease of life to serve you and worship you.
- Thank you that you are with me by my side.
- Thank you that your life is flowing through me.
- Thank you that you make me lie down in green pastures.
- Thank you that you are providing me.
- Thank you for the food ,clothing ,shelter and the fresh air.
- Thank you I am blessed to bless others.
- Thank you for my loving family and dear friends.
- Thank you for nourishing my soul.
- Thank you that you have released a new anointing on my ministry.
- Thank you I am energized,physically,mentally and spiritually.Amen
- Words to Praise Him (mywingsaremadeoffaith.typepad.com)
- Just Thank God! (qarroll.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Needs For/6-9-12 (prayerboardjesusmyjoy.wordpress.com)
- The Honesty of the Psalmist’s Prayers: A lesson for today (pneumaandlogos.com)
Philippians 2:10″..at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,in heaven and on earth and under the earth,”
This tells us that Jesus has the power in all areas of life and the universe.Not only He has the power but He himself is the power.
Therefore those who trust in Him will be protected ,blessed , guided and freed.
Once I was serving in a remote area of Sri Lanka where people had a strong belief in spirits’ power.In one of these villages, there was a christian family where I had regular bible study and a prayer meeting.
One day a young a girl from this village was possessed by the spirits and began fortune telling .This became very popular among the villagers and large crowds gathered to know of their future.So the people at home seen this as a good way of income , built a shrine in their compound for the spirits.
As time passed by, the spirits began to oppress the christian family in the village in many ways. The people at home became sick without any reason,their financial resources began to slide down , the spirits themselves began to appear, in different forms in their compound, trying to intimidate them.They became very helpless but they did not want to give in to the spirits, instead they kept placing their trust in the Lord.
They knew they were facing a spiritual battle. So we began to invoke the name of the Lord and prayed rebuking the evil spirits. As we continued to pray , within two weeks we could see the power of God.The Lord gave the victory to His children and all of a sudden the shrine was stopped and the oppression from the evil spirits ceased.
Jesus is victorious ,His victory is always for you and me who trust in Him,Amen.
- The Time Is Right Now!!! (ireport.cnn.com)
- Power in the Name of Jesus! (upliftingchrist.wordpress.com)
- ‘Surrendering’, ‘Being’, & Priestly Weapons Of Mountain Removal (jamaljivanjee.com)
Psalm 118:6 The Lord is with you,So nothing can harm you for the Bible says no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.
This is true. Once I was dying form a severe heart attack,I knew I had come to the last moment of my life.No one could do anything, even the doctors were helpless.
But in my desperation I cried unto the Lord,miraculously He intervened, and the necessary help was rushed in and I was saved from sudden death.
God loves His children,He never leaves them nor forsake them..He proved His presence at my death bed.So be bold to believe in His unfailing love.His love surrounds you,His light shines upon you,his presence protects you,for you are His
God bless you.
- Favorite Scriptures of the Week (saltthroughlight.wordpress.com)
- What Does it Mean to Fear the Lord? (seanwhitenack.wordpress.com)
- It’s NOT Over: (motivationofthemind.wordpress.com)
- You might want to “ask for directions”. (nnyphishnet.net)
- Who am I, Lord? (cancerrelatedfatiguesyndrome.wordpress.com)
- How thirsty are you? (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
Every day and every moment comes to us from the Lord who loves us unconditionally.So we need to thank Him always and everywhere.As we thank the Lord we are released of our burdens and worries.This is my personal experience.
Evey morning as soon as I wake up while on bed lying there, I begin to thank the lord for His goodness. I say” Loving heavenly father thank you for this beautiful day,thank you for the good sleep, thank you for the songs of the birds,thank you for the sunshine, thank you for the fresh air, thank you for my loving family,thank you for my body,( I bless my brain ,heart, kidneys,head, hands, legs,…..etc),thank you for my friends and their families( I also bless them) As I do this I feel the loving and pleasing presence of the Lord,and i am energized to bless the world and release my gifts for the glory of God and the betterment of mankind.I invite all those who read this to try this and be closer to God and enjoy Him in the way he inspires you.Have a blessed day.
- Worship Guide for Sunday, July 1, 2012 (firstbaptistscottcity.wordpress.com)
- Give Thanks to The LORD for Our Nation’s Freedom (livesharp.org)
- Psalms 110-115 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Waiting in Hope! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Thankful Days – (vdcoleman.wordpress.com)
- Thank Him; Dwell Acceptably (cleansedbygod.wordpress.com)
- Thirsty in a Land with No Water (myheartsmission.com)
- Thoughts On Psalms: A Reason To Be Thankful (orchardministry.wordpress.com)