Expand Your Territory.
( 1 chronicles 4: 9-10) Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez,saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain. And God granted his request.
Every time Jabez heard his name, he heard it as sorrow, grief, pain. It reminded him, how unfortunate he was. There was nothing he could do. Today of course we can change our names. It seems Jabez didn’t think of that, neither he cursed his mothers or God. He had all the reasons to do so. Even if he had done, nobody would have found fault with him. Bible says he is honorable.
Instead of sinking in his depraved condition, he turned to God. In his distress, as David he cried unto God. What would we do if we had been in that situation?
He was bold to keep his pain before the throne of grace. He had the confidence that God would answer. He freely spoke his mind before God.
1. He prayed “bless me”.
He approached God in faith, without any fear or inhibition. He knew only God had the answer to his problem. We need to go to God fearlessly, and ask him to bless us. We need His blessings. Without His blessing we are helpless. He has promised to bless us. Say now to the Lord, I need your blessings so that I can serve your better.
2. He also prayed “enlarge my territory”.
God can and will enlarge you, if you ask him specifically. You need to tell the Lord your real need. It’s not a selfish demand. When your ministry is enlarged, you can touch more people with His love.
3. He asked for God’s hand to be with him.
He understood without God’s help and empowering, he could achieve nothing. He asked God’s protection and wanted to be free from pain. Let us boldly draw near to God and ask Him to protect and guide us with His mighty hand.
4. God granted his request.
God answers our prayers. Tell him to bless you, so that you will serve him better. Tell him to expand you, so that you can touch many lives with his love. Tell him to be with you, so that you are encouraged to release his ministry of love.
Be confident like Jabez and draw near to God, to enjoy, love and serve Him.
- Enlarging Your Territory? (missionmusings.wordpress.com)
The God we worship is interested in our welfare. He is not separated from us. He is with us, and within us. Israelites cried to God in their distress from Egypt. He heard their cry and came to rescue them. He led them out of bondage to freedom.
“I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey” (Exodus 3:8-9).
The God, we worship is “I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14).
He is great. He is unchanging. He is eternal. He is sovereign. He is mighty. He is able.
1. I have indeed seen the misery of my people.
God cares for us and sees us always and everywhere. He is willing to get involved in our affairs to help us and free us. Seeing the suffering of His people in Egypt , He chose and prepared Moses as a leader to rescue them. He saved them as promised. Even today He does it, in and through Christ. We have a redeemer, we have a glorious hope.
2. I have heard them crying out.
“Call unto me and I will answer you…”(Jeremiah 33:3).
He hears our prayers. He is sensitive to our needs. He heard the cry of His people and sent Moses to deliver them. Same way Jesus was sent to free us. We have been set free.
3. I am concerned about their suffering.
He is our shepherd. He took action to deliver them, protect and provide for them on their journey to freedom. He is concerned of us. He wants to comfort us, and provide for us. He, as our shepherd is with us, even when we go through the valley of death.
4. I have come down to rescue them.
He had a mission, rescuing His people. He accomplished it in relation to Israel.
He sent His son to rescue us from the bondage of sin and the power of Satan. We are no more under bondage. We are more than conquerors. We have been set free.
5. Bring them out of that land to a good and specious land, a land flowing with milk and honey
They were released from slavery. The circumstances were changed; the environment was changed and were brought to a new dimension of divine experience. God always brings us out, from one level of experience to another level of experience to taste and see how good the Lord is.
It is rewarding, for “the blessings of Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it” (Proverbs 10:22).
Our God loves us.He is interested in us and bring us, in to true freedom to enjoy Him and His blessings.The opportunity is open for all.Let us draw near to Him in faith.
(Psalm139:1-6) “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from far…..”
Do you know that God knows you and cares for you?
He is watching you, to help you and bless you.
He sees all your problems and difficulties.
He knows all the harassing thoughts that are running in and through your mind, the worries, the daily concerns.
He knows all your movements, your going in and coming out, your sitting and rising, even the unspoken words of pain and distress.
In your anguish, you may have tried to run away from him but He the omniscient God sees you and cares for you.
Sometimes we ask “Where is He when we go through bitter experiences of life?”But He is close by our side waiting to help us and lift us up. His hands are always there to cover us from danger and deliver us from our enemies. His hands give us shelter and comfort.
He is great and awesome. He loves us and thinks of us, for we are His treasured possession.
Let us meditate today, on His goodness and greatness, commit the day in to His hands and rest in Him.
Lord thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for your loving care. Thank you for your protective hand. I trust you with my whole heart. I bless you and honor you.
- Does God Care That I’m Hurting? (preciousprodigal.wordpress.com)
- God Answered My Thoughts (gggceo.wordpress.com)
- Where Do You Stand? (ising4god.com)
- Are you there God, it’s me (insert name here….) (iampastorswife.com)
- Dancing for God (ising4god.com)
- You’re Not Alone (myjournalofpraise.me)
- God of the Powerless by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Calling on God in Truth by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
You can overcome stress, you can be victorious in life, for God loves you, he cares for you. Have hope, trust in him, go to him and spend time under his shadow.
As soon as you get up in the morning, take up your Bible and go to a calm and quiet place, where you are not disturbed. Open the Bible and read meditatively and slowly Psalm 118:24, Hebrews 13:5,John 10:10,Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 23:1-2,Philippians 4:19.
Now start praying the words thanking him, worshiping himand praising him.
Pray Psalm 118: “This is the day that the lord has made”. Lord thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for the good sleep, thank you for the opportunity to be with you and serve you today.
Hebrews 13:5 “..I will never leave nor forsake you” Thank you for your loving presence, your warmth, your assurance, I love you and worship you.
John 10:10 “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full”. I know and believe that your life is flowing in and through me, you are refreshing me. Thank you lord, for your life in me. I am alive because of you.
Isaiah 40:31 “Those who hope in the lord shall renew their strength.”I look to you and wait for you, I know you strengthen me, renew me and I can rise up, by your grace. I am able to achieve great things for you this day. Praise you lord.
Psalm 23:1-2; “The Lord is my shepherd” Philippians4:19 “My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory.” You are my good shepherd, you provide for me, protect me and quench my thirst and supply all my needs. Thank you lord, for your great concern and care. I can live without any fear, I do not have to worry, for you are with me, you look after me and I am in safe hands.
Psalm 103:1 “Bless the lord O my soul and all that is within me praise his holy name”. Lord I praise you from the depth of my heart; you have been and are so good to me always. I believe you and trust you. Thank you for your sustaining grace. I love you and give you praise. Holy be your name, my Lord and my king. Amen.
- Psalm 37, Don’t Worry, Be Happy, Or Else! (mylordisjesus.wordpress.com)
- The Meditation of My Heart (123hallelujah.wordpress.com)
- Love ♥ (chasingafterjesus.wordpress.com)
- Overwhelmed – Psalm 102 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Psalms 11 – The Refuge of the Upright (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- The Psalms 6 – A Prayer for Mercy in Time of Trouble (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God… 071312 (carrlanebaptist1988.wordpress.com)
The Lord will protect him and preserve his life ;he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.
Our lives become blessed and meaningful as we consider the poor and the weak. Here blessed means made happy and satisfied. People can be weak physically , mentally , spiritually and financially. we need to love them, care for them, support them, and encourage them .This way we will be able to show God’s love , and be channels to draw them to God .
As we show care and love the Lord says that he will deliver us from our troubles, trials and difficulties. We will be protected from all our enemies both physical and spiritual ,you will enjoy long life and good health.
We will also be sustained ,provided ,nourished ,and nursed by God and be set always in his presence.
God is seeking people who will show His heart ‘s concern to a world engulfed in selfishness. I invite you to decide this day to love the helpless ,the needy and show concern through encouraging words and deeds. Appreciate them and uplift them so the divine favour be upon you. Have a blessed new month.
- The Secret Power of Praise (builtwithgrace.wordpress.com)
- Dear God I Commit ♥ (highlyfavored74.wordpress.com)
- Avoiding Losing Ourselves To The Hardship In Our Lives During Illness (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- It’s NOT Over: (motivationofthemind.wordpress.com)
- Just a little praise! (ministerlp.wordpress.com)
- Choose For Yourselves This Day Whom You Will Serve (getrealchristianity.wordpress.com)
God is our loving father ,he cares for us ,it is his nature that he wants to bless us.
He blesses us both spiritually and physically.
His love has no limits, it is flowing to everyone.
He is slow to anger and abounding in mercy.
By drawing near to him we experience his love and his divine provision.
His words reveal to us the ways to receive his blessings. Following are some…
- Believe in His words ,his words are himself, what he says stands ,it is power . For
he created the world with words, he said let there be light and it was so( Gen 1:3) .Therefore turn to the word of God with trust and confidence.
- Love the word of God, this way you love God himself, for he is expressed in his words, his love flows throughout his word . Thirst for it, as the deer thirst after water.(Deut 6:5)
- Read the word of God, He who reads his word is blessed; in his words there is wisdom and strength. The more one reads the word the more he comes to know him. It nourishes your soul.(Rev 1:3)
- Meditate on the word, it helps the word to be digested in to your system. It will produce divine energy within you to fight the battles in your life.(Joshua 1:8)And it empowers you.
- Pray the word of God, it renews your mind and prepares you to see the world in a new light. Your attitudes will change and the word will become alive in you.(Romans 12:2)
- Obey the word of God, means to take action in trusting the word. Here you show your respect and dependence on God. The reverential fear of the lord guarantees success in life.( EX 12:24;Deut 8:1;Pro 29:18)
- Share the word of God, The blessings have to be shared, it is the will of God and the nature of God. As we faithfully share the blessings, the more blessed we will become. The world is thirsting for the truth, you have it, please share it lavishly. You received freely give freely because it has the power to change and free people from their bondages and difficulties,.(Mt 28:19)
Some spiritual blessings
- Arms with strength Psalm18:32
- Rest psalm23:2
- Protection psalm 37:39
- Up holds Isaiah41;10
- Some physical blessings
- Long life Deut 4:40
- All go well Deut 12:28
- Prosper in all Deut 28:8
- No lack Psalm 34;10
- Psalm 1 :: Meditate in God’s law continually (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Power of Praise (builtwithgrace.wordpress.com)
Psalm 103:2 “Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all his benefits…”
On 24th March 2012 ,I was dying from a severe heart attack;all glory to God He protected me and healed me.As I was recovering
the Lord reminded me of being grateful to Him.So this prayer was given to me by the Holy spirit.
- Dear Lord thank you for healing me.
- Thank you for saving my life.
- Thank you for giving me a new lease of life to serve you and worship you.
- Thank you that you are with me by my side.
- Thank you that your life is flowing through me.
- Thank you that you make me lie down in green pastures.
- Thank you that you are providing me.
- Thank you for the food ,clothing ,shelter and the fresh air.
- Thank you I am blessed to bless others.
- Thank you for my loving family and dear friends.
- Thank you for nourishing my soul.
- Thank you that you have released a new anointing on my ministry.
- Thank you I am energized,physically,mentally and spiritually.Amen
- Words to Praise Him (mywingsaremadeoffaith.typepad.com)
- Just Thank God! (qarroll.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Needs For/6-9-12 (prayerboardjesusmyjoy.wordpress.com)
- The Honesty of the Psalmist’s Prayers: A lesson for today (pneumaandlogos.com)