Olympic Crown Vs Christian Crown.
(Hebrews 12: 1-4)
These days Olympics are being held in London.The whole world is watching the games, and waiting to see the champions. We see thousands of spectators in the stadium gathered to enjoy, to encourage and to cheer their countrymen. The athletes in turn are encouraged and motivated by them. It is wonderful to see the enthusiastic faces of all the athletes. The crowns are won, the champions are selected. Everyone is satisfied made happy.
But Olympics come and go, after some years everything is forgotten. The happiness and the satisfaction fade away. All the crowns in the world share the same fate. There is no everlasting Joy.
Further in Olympics only selected few can participate and only few win. But in Christ we all are welcome and allowed to participate. The one and only, entrance qualification is the acceptance of Jesus Christ as the personal savior and Lord. Everybody runs the same race but with different speed. It is not a competition; it is a goal to be achieved. There is a finish line, where everybody has to cross to gain the crown. The run set before us is not just a short sprint it is a long distance run.
The spectators themselves are heroes who have participated and won. They provide encouragement and bear witness to the truth and authenticity of the crown. Christ is the supreme witness as well as the supreme example to follow. We need to learn from Him and be focused on him. He ran in spite of rejection by people and won. He did not give in to sin. Today He is at the right hand of the father, helping us through the Holy Spirit to win the race.
Our run is against sin and satanic power. We do not run against our brother, instead we are to help and support each other to win. We start in Christ, run in Christ and finish in Christ.
In our run, we are to cast away everything that hinder our victory, such as wrong values, wrong motives.
We also need to run with perseverance, overcoming temptations successfully with the help of God. The crown which is everlasting is waiting for us.
The race is open for all to win. The Holy Spirit is there to help, encourage and facilitate. If you are willing to grab hold of the opportunity and win the everlasting crown, you are welcome to say this prayer.
Lord Jesus, please forgive my mistakes. I accept you as my Lord and savior. Thank you.
Psalm 103:2 “Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all his benefits…”
On 24th March 2012 ,I was dying from a severe heart attack;all glory to God He protected me and healed me.As I was recovering
the Lord reminded me of being grateful to Him.So this prayer was given to me by the Holy spirit.
- Dear Lord thank you for healing me.
- Thank you for saving my life.
- Thank you for giving me a new lease of life to serve you and worship you.
- Thank you that you are with me by my side.
- Thank you that your life is flowing through me.
- Thank you that you make me lie down in green pastures.
- Thank you that you are providing me.
- Thank you for the food ,clothing ,shelter and the fresh air.
- Thank you I am blessed to bless others.
- Thank you for my loving family and dear friends.
- Thank you for nourishing my soul.
- Thank you that you have released a new anointing on my ministry.
- Thank you I am energized,physically,mentally and spiritually.Amen
- Words to Praise Him (mywingsaremadeoffaith.typepad.com)
- Just Thank God! (qarroll.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Needs For/6-9-12 (prayerboardjesusmyjoy.wordpress.com)
- The Honesty of the Psalmist’s Prayers: A lesson for today (pneumaandlogos.com)
Ariseandshineservices is a non -denominational ministry of encouragement and prayer , net working with individuals, churches and the Body of Christ at large to fulfill the great commission of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Vision:Seeing all christians encouraging and helping each other to worship the Lord in truth and the spirit and to succeed in all areas of life, physically ,mentally, spiritually, socially and financially for the glory of God and the betterment of mankind, impacting the world with the glorious Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Being committed to bless , encourage, strengthen, pray ,intercede, empower, equip, counsel, comfort, console, support men ,women, and children regardless of age ,creed, culture through the word of God and the love of God.
- Intercessory prayers.
- Leadership training based on the word of God.
- Preaching .
- Bible studies.
- Supporting children’s in education in Sri Lanka.
- Supporting the elderly and the homeless in Sri lanka.
- Children’s leadership and creativity development workshops.
- Promoting Christian entrepreneurship.
- Christian counseling.
- Promoting health and nutrition in the Body of Christ.
- Serve with love, offering hope and compassion.
- Love one another.
- Encourage each other.
- Bless each other.
- Listen with love.
- Celebrate life.
- Good stewardship.
- Transparency in financial matters.Statement of faith:
- We acknowledge God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible as the inspired word of God.
- We believe in life ,death and resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the atoning sacrifice.
- A Little Boasting, A Lot Of Pride (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- “Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- More Light in the Dark (harvestworkersdoor.wordpress.com)
- Cover Yourself With Him (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- The Consecrated Harvest of Christ (sovereigngraceanniston.com)
- Get Connected To God, Get connected To His Son Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Making your Calling and Sure Election Sure (mitsilancer.wordpress.com)