Elijah was a prophet who lived in the northern kingdom of Israel. He was very much upset by the idol worship promoted by King Ahab. He worked tirelessly to bring back the worship of true God in Israel. Being an ordinary man, it was not an easy task. He had to risk his life. He had to fight against King Ahab and Queen Jezebel. But he did not give up, he was committed for the course of God.
He challenged the political and temporal authority in the name of God.
In (1 kings17:1) He declared that there want be rain unless at his command and it was so. God stood with His prophet who honored Him.
He humbly obeyed God and took refuge in His provision.
- God led him and provided him in an extraordinary way. The ravens were employed to serve him. They brought him bread and meat morning and evening.
- As the famine grew severe he was asked to go to Zerephath to a widow’s house, there again he was fed miraculously and given the challenge to exhibit the mighty healing power of God. He prayed for the dead child of the house owner. Again God answered and made the child alive honoring his servant’s faith.
He challenged the power of gods and their priests (1kings18:18).
The priests of Baal were summoned to demonstrate the power of their god against the power of God of Israel. At this dramatic event, he simply prayed to God, to send down fire upon a wet and water drenched sacrifice and God honored his request and answered by sending fire.
He faced the king and asked him to be prepared for the coming rain(1Kings18:41-46).
He prayed and it rained.
He was a devoted man, who trusted and obeyed God unhesitatingly. He had enough and more patience to wait for the answer to his prayers.
He never gave up. He was earnest and fervent in his prayers.
He delighted in working with and for God. He knew his prayers would be answered.
If we pray with the same intensity and fervency we could experience the mighty power of prayer. So let us be fervent in our prayers and be enthusiastic, devoted, bold and obedient in the service of God.
Elijah was just like us (James 5:17) but he had an extraordinary faith.
He stood with God and God stood with him. Even today God stands with those who would like to stand with Him.
- Prophet Elijah – Boldest of the Prophets. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- The Sinning Servant: You? Me? Yes! (thecounselingmoment.wordpress.com)
- Be Bold in the Lord and FEAR NOT! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- You Aren’t As Ordinary As You Think (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Commemoration of the Prophet Elijah (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- Running Scared? You’re Not Alone! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- Sermon from August 12th – “God is at the end of your rope” (faithchristianchurchlima.wordpress.com)
- Elijah’s Prayer at Mount Carmel. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- The Hospitality of Two Widows (womenfromthebook.com)
God is our loving father ,he cares for us ,it is his nature that he wants to bless us.
He blesses us both spiritually and physically.
His love has no limits, it is flowing to everyone.
He is slow to anger and abounding in mercy.
By drawing near to him we experience his love and his divine provision.
His words reveal to us the ways to receive his blessings. Following are some…
- Believe in His words ,his words are himself, what he says stands ,it is power . For
he created the world with words, he said let there be light and it was so( Gen 1:3) .Therefore turn to the word of God with trust and confidence.
- Love the word of God, this way you love God himself, for he is expressed in his words, his love flows throughout his word . Thirst for it, as the deer thirst after water.(Deut 6:5)
- Read the word of God, He who reads his word is blessed; in his words there is wisdom and strength. The more one reads the word the more he comes to know him. It nourishes your soul.(Rev 1:3)
- Meditate on the word, it helps the word to be digested in to your system. It will produce divine energy within you to fight the battles in your life.(Joshua 1:8)And it empowers you.
- Pray the word of God, it renews your mind and prepares you to see the world in a new light. Your attitudes will change and the word will become alive in you.(Romans 12:2)
- Obey the word of God, means to take action in trusting the word. Here you show your respect and dependence on God. The reverential fear of the lord guarantees success in life.( EX 12:24;Deut 8:1;Pro 29:18)
- Share the word of God, The blessings have to be shared, it is the will of God and the nature of God. As we faithfully share the blessings, the more blessed we will become. The world is thirsting for the truth, you have it, please share it lavishly. You received freely give freely because it has the power to change and free people from their bondages and difficulties,.(Mt 28:19)
Some spiritual blessings
- Arms with strength Psalm18:32
- Rest psalm23:2
- Protection psalm 37:39
- Up holds Isaiah41;10
- Some physical blessings
- Long life Deut 4:40
- All go well Deut 12:28
- Prosper in all Deut 28:8
- No lack Psalm 34;10
- Psalm 1 :: Meditate in God’s law continually (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Power of Praise (builtwithgrace.wordpress.com)