While traveling through the desert of Shur, for three days they couldn’t find drinking water. They were tired and exhausted .At last they came to Mara and there was water, but what a disappointment! The water was bitter and couldn’t be drunk. In their unbearable thirst and distress, they began to grumble against Moses, as if it was his fault. They have easily forgotten what God has done in Egypt, the miracles, the deliverance, the mighty power of God.
Instead of turning to God for help they turned against His servant.
But Moses turned to God and prayed. God intervened. He showed Moses a piece of wood. He threw it in to the water and it became sweet (Exodus 15:25).
At this place God revealed Himself a new Title Name Jehovah –Rapha “I am the Lord, who heals” (Exodus 15:26). He is the healer. All healing belongs to Him. He chooses diverse ways and means to heal. This was very clearly demonstrated by Christ in His earthly ministry. Sometimes He touched the sick, some occasions He used mud the natural things, in some other places he used the spoken word.
He is sovereign. He knows what is best and He acts freely. What we need to do is to yield to Him, trust Him and obey Him. The God who frees also heals. All these are available to us though faith and believing prayer. He said to the women with an issue of blood “daughter your faith has healed you”. Let’s have faith in Jehovah- Rapha who is able and willing to heal us.
- The Bible In Our World (Part 7) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
- Faith Makes Provision (mtsweat.com)
- Just Passing Through the Desert (freshwind-ministries.org)
- Could You Just Give Me a Sign? (mtsweat.com)
The God we worship is interested in our welfare. He is not separated from us. He is with us, and within us. Israelites cried to God in their distress from Egypt. He heard their cry and came to rescue them. He led them out of bondage to freedom.
“I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey” (Exodus 3:8-9).
The God, we worship is “I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14).
He is great. He is unchanging. He is eternal. He is sovereign. He is mighty. He is able.
1. I have indeed seen the misery of my people.
God cares for us and sees us always and everywhere. He is willing to get involved in our affairs to help us and free us. Seeing the suffering of His people in Egypt , He chose and prepared Moses as a leader to rescue them. He saved them as promised. Even today He does it, in and through Christ. We have a redeemer, we have a glorious hope.
2. I have heard them crying out.
“Call unto me and I will answer you…”(Jeremiah 33:3).
He hears our prayers. He is sensitive to our needs. He heard the cry of His people and sent Moses to deliver them. Same way Jesus was sent to free us. We have been set free.
3. I am concerned about their suffering.
He is our shepherd. He took action to deliver them, protect and provide for them on their journey to freedom. He is concerned of us. He wants to comfort us, and provide for us. He, as our shepherd is with us, even when we go through the valley of death.
4. I have come down to rescue them.
He had a mission, rescuing His people. He accomplished it in relation to Israel.
He sent His son to rescue us from the bondage of sin and the power of Satan. We are no more under bondage. We are more than conquerors. We have been set free.
5. Bring them out of that land to a good and specious land, a land flowing with milk and honey
They were released from slavery. The circumstances were changed; the environment was changed and were brought to a new dimension of divine experience. God always brings us out, from one level of experience to another level of experience to taste and see how good the Lord is.
It is rewarding, for “the blessings of Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it” (Proverbs 10:22).
Our God loves us.He is interested in us and bring us, in to true freedom to enjoy Him and His blessings.The opportunity is open for all.Let us draw near to Him in faith.
Philippians 2:10″..at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,in heaven and on earth and under the earth,”
This tells us that Jesus has the power in all areas of life and the universe.Not only He has the power but He himself is the power.
Therefore those who trust in Him will be protected ,blessed , guided and freed.
Once I was serving in a remote area of Sri Lanka where people had a strong belief in spirits’ power.In one of these villages, there was a christian family where I had regular bible study and a prayer meeting.
One day a young a girl from this village was possessed by the spirits and began fortune telling .This became very popular among the villagers and large crowds gathered to know of their future.So the people at home seen this as a good way of income , built a shrine in their compound for the spirits.
As time passed by, the spirits began to oppress the christian family in the village in many ways. The people at home became sick without any reason,their financial resources began to slide down , the spirits themselves began to appear, in different forms in their compound, trying to intimidate them.They became very helpless but they did not want to give in to the spirits, instead they kept placing their trust in the Lord.
They knew they were facing a spiritual battle. So we began to invoke the name of the Lord and prayed rebuking the evil spirits. As we continued to pray , within two weeks we could see the power of God.The Lord gave the victory to His children and all of a sudden the shrine was stopped and the oppression from the evil spirits ceased.
Jesus is victorious ,His victory is always for you and me who trust in Him,Amen.
- The Time Is Right Now!!! (ireport.cnn.com)
- Power in the Name of Jesus! (upliftingchrist.wordpress.com)
- ‘Surrendering’, ‘Being’, & Priestly Weapons Of Mountain Removal (jamaljivanjee.com)
Ariseandshineservices is a non -denominational ministry of encouragement and prayer , net working with individuals, churches and the Body of Christ at large to fulfill the great commission of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Vision:Seeing all christians encouraging and helping each other to worship the Lord in truth and the spirit and to succeed in all areas of life, physically ,mentally, spiritually, socially and financially for the glory of God and the betterment of mankind, impacting the world with the glorious Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Being committed to bless , encourage, strengthen, pray ,intercede, empower, equip, counsel, comfort, console, support men ,women, and children regardless of age ,creed, culture through the word of God and the love of God.
- Intercessory prayers.
- Leadership training based on the word of God.
- Preaching .
- Bible studies.
- Supporting children’s in education in Sri Lanka.
- Supporting the elderly and the homeless in Sri lanka.
- Children’s leadership and creativity development workshops.
- Promoting Christian entrepreneurship.
- Christian counseling.
- Promoting health and nutrition in the Body of Christ.
- Serve with love, offering hope and compassion.
- Love one another.
- Encourage each other.
- Bless each other.
- Listen with love.
- Celebrate life.
- Good stewardship.
- Transparency in financial matters.Statement of faith:
- We acknowledge God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible as the inspired word of God.
- We believe in life ,death and resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the atoning sacrifice.
- A Little Boasting, A Lot Of Pride (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- “Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- More Light in the Dark (harvestworkersdoor.wordpress.com)
- Cover Yourself With Him (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- The Consecrated Harvest of Christ (sovereigngraceanniston.com)
- Get Connected To God, Get connected To His Son Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Making your Calling and Sure Election Sure (mitsilancer.wordpress.com)