Have you ever felt inadequate?Have you ever felt sacred when trying to do something new?I felt so, many a times.
I had a desire to write articles to encourage others in life.But the thoughts nagged me saying who I am to write such articles.To overcome my fears I prayed and meditated but the fear thoughts did not leave me easily.
However I mustered courage and began to scribble.To my amazement,the thoughts began to flow.Suddenly I was to writing effortlessly.
Fear is a common enemy.It tries to paralyze your creativity.Don’t give in, just move forward.You may not be perfect but you are progressing.You have a unique message from God, for you are His child.Your contribution is needed.Without it the world is imperfect.So write the poem you have .Share the message you have received.
Smile ,you are greater than you think you are.
Elijah was a prophet who lived in the northern kingdom of Israel. He was very much upset by the idol worship promoted by King Ahab. He worked tirelessly to bring back the worship of true God in Israel. Being an ordinary man, it was not an easy task. He had to risk his life. He had to fight against King Ahab and Queen Jezebel. But he did not give up, he was committed for the course of God.
He challenged the political and temporal authority in the name of God.
In (1 kings17:1) He declared that there want be rain unless at his command and it was so. God stood with His prophet who honored Him.
He humbly obeyed God and took refuge in His provision.
- God led him and provided him in an extraordinary way. The ravens were employed to serve him. They brought him bread and meat morning and evening.
- As the famine grew severe he was asked to go to Zerephath to a widow’s house, there again he was fed miraculously and given the challenge to exhibit the mighty healing power of God. He prayed for the dead child of the house owner. Again God answered and made the child alive honoring his servant’s faith.
He challenged the power of gods and their priests (1kings18:18).
The priests of Baal were summoned to demonstrate the power of their god against the power of God of Israel. At this dramatic event, he simply prayed to God, to send down fire upon a wet and water drenched sacrifice and God honored his request and answered by sending fire.
He faced the king and asked him to be prepared for the coming rain(1Kings18:41-46).
He prayed and it rained.
He was a devoted man, who trusted and obeyed God unhesitatingly. He had enough and more patience to wait for the answer to his prayers.
He never gave up. He was earnest and fervent in his prayers.
He delighted in working with and for God. He knew his prayers would be answered.
If we pray with the same intensity and fervency we could experience the mighty power of prayer. So let us be fervent in our prayers and be enthusiastic, devoted, bold and obedient in the service of God.
Elijah was just like us (James 5:17) but he had an extraordinary faith.
He stood with God and God stood with him. Even today God stands with those who would like to stand with Him.
- Prophet Elijah – Boldest of the Prophets. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- The Sinning Servant: You? Me? Yes! (thecounselingmoment.wordpress.com)
- Be Bold in the Lord and FEAR NOT! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- You Aren’t As Ordinary As You Think (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Commemoration of the Prophet Elijah (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- Running Scared? You’re Not Alone! (johnfcft.wordpress.com)
- Sermon from August 12th – “God is at the end of your rope” (faithchristianchurchlima.wordpress.com)
- Elijah’s Prayer at Mount Carmel. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- The Hospitality of Two Widows (womenfromthebook.com)
Expand Your Territory.
( 1 chronicles 4: 9-10) Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez,saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain. And God granted his request.
Every time Jabez heard his name, he heard it as sorrow, grief, pain. It reminded him, how unfortunate he was. There was nothing he could do. Today of course we can change our names. It seems Jabez didn’t think of that, neither he cursed his mothers or God. He had all the reasons to do so. Even if he had done, nobody would have found fault with him. Bible says he is honorable.
Instead of sinking in his depraved condition, he turned to God. In his distress, as David he cried unto God. What would we do if we had been in that situation?
He was bold to keep his pain before the throne of grace. He had the confidence that God would answer. He freely spoke his mind before God.
1. He prayed “bless me”.
He approached God in faith, without any fear or inhibition. He knew only God had the answer to his problem. We need to go to God fearlessly, and ask him to bless us. We need His blessings. Without His blessing we are helpless. He has promised to bless us. Say now to the Lord, I need your blessings so that I can serve your better.
2. He also prayed “enlarge my territory”.
God can and will enlarge you, if you ask him specifically. You need to tell the Lord your real need. It’s not a selfish demand. When your ministry is enlarged, you can touch more people with His love.
3. He asked for God’s hand to be with him.
He understood without God’s help and empowering, he could achieve nothing. He asked God’s protection and wanted to be free from pain. Let us boldly draw near to God and ask Him to protect and guide us with His mighty hand.
4. God granted his request.
God answers our prayers. Tell him to bless you, so that you will serve him better. Tell him to expand you, so that you can touch many lives with his love. Tell him to be with you, so that you are encouraged to release his ministry of love.
Be confident like Jabez and draw near to God, to enjoy, love and serve Him.
- Enlarging Your Territory? (missionmusings.wordpress.com)
Olympic Crown Vs Christian Crown.
(Hebrews 12: 1-4)
These days Olympics are being held in London.The whole world is watching the games, and waiting to see the champions. We see thousands of spectators in the stadium gathered to enjoy, to encourage and to cheer their countrymen. The athletes in turn are encouraged and motivated by them. It is wonderful to see the enthusiastic faces of all the athletes. The crowns are won, the champions are selected. Everyone is satisfied made happy.
But Olympics come and go, after some years everything is forgotten. The happiness and the satisfaction fade away. All the crowns in the world share the same fate. There is no everlasting Joy.
Further in Olympics only selected few can participate and only few win. But in Christ we all are welcome and allowed to participate. The one and only, entrance qualification is the acceptance of Jesus Christ as the personal savior and Lord. Everybody runs the same race but with different speed. It is not a competition; it is a goal to be achieved. There is a finish line, where everybody has to cross to gain the crown. The run set before us is not just a short sprint it is a long distance run.
The spectators themselves are heroes who have participated and won. They provide encouragement and bear witness to the truth and authenticity of the crown. Christ is the supreme witness as well as the supreme example to follow. We need to learn from Him and be focused on him. He ran in spite of rejection by people and won. He did not give in to sin. Today He is at the right hand of the father, helping us through the Holy Spirit to win the race.
Our run is against sin and satanic power. We do not run against our brother, instead we are to help and support each other to win. We start in Christ, run in Christ and finish in Christ.
In our run, we are to cast away everything that hinder our victory, such as wrong values, wrong motives.
We also need to run with perseverance, overcoming temptations successfully with the help of God. The crown which is everlasting is waiting for us.
The race is open for all to win. The Holy Spirit is there to help, encourage and facilitate. If you are willing to grab hold of the opportunity and win the everlasting crown, you are welcome to say this prayer.
Lord Jesus, please forgive my mistakes. I accept you as my Lord and savior. Thank you.
While traveling through the desert of Shur, for three days they couldn’t find drinking water. They were tired and exhausted .At last they came to Mara and there was water, but what a disappointment! The water was bitter and couldn’t be drunk. In their unbearable thirst and distress, they began to grumble against Moses, as if it was his fault. They have easily forgotten what God has done in Egypt, the miracles, the deliverance, the mighty power of God.
Instead of turning to God for help they turned against His servant.
But Moses turned to God and prayed. God intervened. He showed Moses a piece of wood. He threw it in to the water and it became sweet (Exodus 15:25).
At this place God revealed Himself a new Title Name Jehovah –Rapha “I am the Lord, who heals” (Exodus 15:26). He is the healer. All healing belongs to Him. He chooses diverse ways and means to heal. This was very clearly demonstrated by Christ in His earthly ministry. Sometimes He touched the sick, some occasions He used mud the natural things, in some other places he used the spoken word.
He is sovereign. He knows what is best and He acts freely. What we need to do is to yield to Him, trust Him and obey Him. The God who frees also heals. All these are available to us though faith and believing prayer. He said to the women with an issue of blood “daughter your faith has healed you”. Let’s have faith in Jehovah- Rapha who is able and willing to heal us.
- The Bible In Our World (Part 7) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
- Faith Makes Provision (mtsweat.com)
- Just Passing Through the Desert (freshwind-ministries.org)
- Could You Just Give Me a Sign? (mtsweat.com)
The God we worship is interested in our welfare. He is not separated from us. He is with us, and within us. Israelites cried to God in their distress from Egypt. He heard their cry and came to rescue them. He led them out of bondage to freedom.
“I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey” (Exodus 3:8-9).
The God, we worship is “I AM WHO I AM” (Exodus 3:14).
He is great. He is unchanging. He is eternal. He is sovereign. He is mighty. He is able.
1. I have indeed seen the misery of my people.
God cares for us and sees us always and everywhere. He is willing to get involved in our affairs to help us and free us. Seeing the suffering of His people in Egypt , He chose and prepared Moses as a leader to rescue them. He saved them as promised. Even today He does it, in and through Christ. We have a redeemer, we have a glorious hope.
2. I have heard them crying out.
“Call unto me and I will answer you…”(Jeremiah 33:3).
He hears our prayers. He is sensitive to our needs. He heard the cry of His people and sent Moses to deliver them. Same way Jesus was sent to free us. We have been set free.
3. I am concerned about their suffering.
He is our shepherd. He took action to deliver them, protect and provide for them on their journey to freedom. He is concerned of us. He wants to comfort us, and provide for us. He, as our shepherd is with us, even when we go through the valley of death.
4. I have come down to rescue them.
He had a mission, rescuing His people. He accomplished it in relation to Israel.
He sent His son to rescue us from the bondage of sin and the power of Satan. We are no more under bondage. We are more than conquerors. We have been set free.
5. Bring them out of that land to a good and specious land, a land flowing with milk and honey
They were released from slavery. The circumstances were changed; the environment was changed and were brought to a new dimension of divine experience. God always brings us out, from one level of experience to another level of experience to taste and see how good the Lord is.
It is rewarding, for “the blessings of Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it” (Proverbs 10:22).
Our God loves us.He is interested in us and bring us, in to true freedom to enjoy Him and His blessings.The opportunity is open for all.Let us draw near to Him in faith.
(Psalm139:1-6) “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from far…..”
Do you know that God knows you and cares for you?
He is watching you, to help you and bless you.
He sees all your problems and difficulties.
He knows all the harassing thoughts that are running in and through your mind, the worries, the daily concerns.
He knows all your movements, your going in and coming out, your sitting and rising, even the unspoken words of pain and distress.
In your anguish, you may have tried to run away from him but He the omniscient God sees you and cares for you.
Sometimes we ask “Where is He when we go through bitter experiences of life?”But He is close by our side waiting to help us and lift us up. His hands are always there to cover us from danger and deliver us from our enemies. His hands give us shelter and comfort.
He is great and awesome. He loves us and thinks of us, for we are His treasured possession.
Let us meditate today, on His goodness and greatness, commit the day in to His hands and rest in Him.
Lord thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for your loving care. Thank you for your protective hand. I trust you with my whole heart. I bless you and honor you.
- Does God Care That I’m Hurting? (preciousprodigal.wordpress.com)
- God Answered My Thoughts (gggceo.wordpress.com)
- Where Do You Stand? (ising4god.com)
- Are you there God, it’s me (insert name here….) (iampastorswife.com)
- Dancing for God (ising4god.com)
- You’re Not Alone (myjournalofpraise.me)
- God of the Powerless by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Calling on God in Truth by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
You can overcome stress, you can be victorious in life, for God loves you, he cares for you. Have hope, trust in him, go to him and spend time under his shadow.
As soon as you get up in the morning, take up your Bible and go to a calm and quiet place, where you are not disturbed. Open the Bible and read meditatively and slowly Psalm 118:24, Hebrews 13:5,John 10:10,Isaiah 40:31, Psalm 23:1-2,Philippians 4:19.
Now start praying the words thanking him, worshiping himand praising him.
Pray Psalm 118: “This is the day that the lord has made”. Lord thank you for this beautiful day, thank you for the good sleep, thank you for the opportunity to be with you and serve you today.
Hebrews 13:5 “..I will never leave nor forsake you” Thank you for your loving presence, your warmth, your assurance, I love you and worship you.
John 10:10 “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full”. I know and believe that your life is flowing in and through me, you are refreshing me. Thank you lord, for your life in me. I am alive because of you.
Isaiah 40:31 “Those who hope in the lord shall renew their strength.”I look to you and wait for you, I know you strengthen me, renew me and I can rise up, by your grace. I am able to achieve great things for you this day. Praise you lord.
Psalm 23:1-2; “The Lord is my shepherd” Philippians4:19 “My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory.” You are my good shepherd, you provide for me, protect me and quench my thirst and supply all my needs. Thank you lord, for your great concern and care. I can live without any fear, I do not have to worry, for you are with me, you look after me and I am in safe hands.
Psalm 103:1 “Bless the lord O my soul and all that is within me praise his holy name”. Lord I praise you from the depth of my heart; you have been and are so good to me always. I believe you and trust you. Thank you for your sustaining grace. I love you and give you praise. Holy be your name, my Lord and my king. Amen.
- Psalm 37, Don’t Worry, Be Happy, Or Else! (mylordisjesus.wordpress.com)
- The Meditation of My Heart (123hallelujah.wordpress.com)
- Love ♥ (chasingafterjesus.wordpress.com)
- Overwhelmed – Psalm 102 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Psalms 11 – The Refuge of the Upright (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- The Psalms 6 – A Prayer for Mercy in Time of Trouble (revthechristianlife.wordpress.com)
- Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God… 071312 (carrlanebaptist1988.wordpress.com)
Here God is encouraging us to trust him, despite of all injustices ad wickedness. For those who trust in the lord shall never be put to shame ( Romans 10:11) . He promises to be with us and lead us .He will make a way where there is no way. Here He gives some practical advice to live a peaceful life.
- Do not fret or be envious of the evil men .Do not worry or be jealous, when you see the bad men prosper. It is not going to help you, it will make you unhappy and depressed. Look to God and count your blessings. Thank him for what you already have. Our focus should be on God not on outside circumstances or the prosperity of others. God will deal with the bad or the evil in his time.
- Trust in the Lord and do good. And dwell in the land and enjoy .Keep doing good. God will reward you for that. He knows you and blesses you. When Jesus was on the earth he always did good. Enjoy the blessings God has given you and bless others with your blessings.
- Delight yourself in the Lord. World delights in the worldly things but it will not bring them lasting happiness. You delight in him, in his provision, in his love .Think of his greatness and loving care. Praise him, for in his presence there is fullness of joy .As you enjoy him, all your God given desires will be fulfilled. When his presence covers you, all the good things will flow to you naturally.
- Commit your ways to the Lord. Hand all of your concerns in to the hands of the lord. He will prove your innocence, support you and protect you. Lift you from sinking situations and let you shine.
- Be still before the lord and wait patiently. Don’t rush or get upset. Cultivate calmness, believe that he can and will solve your problems. Mediate on his word .It will take the stress out of your life y and you will enjoy long and healthy life.
- Refrain from anger. Anger is a killer. It produces unhealthy chemicals in your body. It makes you sick and you will die young. You will also lose control and act foolishly, losing friends and making enemies easily. So be patient and let God handle things for you. Remember the battle is not yours it is his.
Dear loving heavenly father please help me to trust you and your words. I commit all my plans to you. Please give me the strength and understanding to listen to you and act wisely. I know you love me and care for me. I worship you and bless your holy name.
- THE INDESCRIBABLE GIVER-Seeking the greatest blessing (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- The Battle is The Lords (freedomborn.wordpress.com)
- Finding God’s Comfort in the Midst of Hopelessness (nackynice.wordpress.com)
- Just walk… (heatherlconrad.com)
- God’s Desire of Blessing For You (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Living the Surrendered Life (Day 5 of 21) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Sermon: Psalm 33 – Blessed Nation (firstbaptistscottcity.wordpress.com)
- Blessings On Earth, Blessings In Heaven!!! (daghewardmillsblog.wordpress.com)
- “Unless I see in his hands the prints of the nails, I will not believe” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
Marriage is a divine calling. It is a very blessed experience. It is love consummated. It must be nourished, protected and prospered. Marriage gives us an opportunity to grow together, live together and experience heavenly bliss on earth.
- Learn to love each other unconditionally. Maintain the initial love. It is always helpful to think and ponder upon the good old days.
- Appreciate each other , value the roles each-one plays. Show concern and care through words and deeds.(loving words, encouraging words)
- Look at the eyes and say” I love you “ with full of emotions and romance.
- Keep humor alive. Don’t be boring ,be willing to laugh and be laughed at.
- Spend quality time with each other, take time off for recreation, outdoor games, leisure walks in the nature.
- Bless and pray for each other.
- Give gifts , share and accept gifts.
- Remember the birthdays, wedding day. Send a greeting card.
- Listen to each other, comfort and console.
- Be neat and attractive, dress nicely , groom well.
- Read the word of God together. Go to a vibrant church. Sing praises to God.
- Touch affectionately and tenderly. Show affection through caressing, kissing and rubbing.
- Look after each other health, good nutrition, good eating habits, plenty of fresh air, and exercises.
- Be mentally alert and have good thoughts and attitudes, understand each other learn to be patient.
- Sleep well, go for regular checkups.
- Learn to forgive and forget it is human to error and divine to forgive.
- Every day look for something good to praise.
- Be likable.
- Be thankful to God for your partner.
- Make Jesus the Lord of your life and the family.
- 3 Tips to have a Godly Marriage (johnathanhines.wordpress.com)